Are you still managing the daily tasks of your field service businesses manually? If yes, then you are wasting your precious time and physical strength to perform such time-consuming operations.
To make the process easier, you need feature-rich job scheduling software that helps team members streamline and automate processes, allowing you to get rid of such a manual process with a cost-effective solution.
Here, we have highlighted the list of best software solutions that we have selected on the basis of their features, ratings, reviews, and usefulness. Go through this list of software solutions and choose the one that meets your needs.
Table of Contents
Basics of Job Scheduling/Workload Automation Software
A job scheduler is nothing but an interactive tool that enables organizations to schedule field employees’ tasks and activities. Nowadays, job schedulers have an effective graphical user interface (GUI) and a single point of control for all work schedules.
Job schedulers are available in-built operating systems. For example, in Windows OS, you will find Windows Task Scheduler, whereas, in Linux or Unix, CRON works as a job scheduler.
Job scheduling software provides an interaction through which your businesses and professionals can smoothly work with your application and systems. With the help of job scheduling software, you can easily manage your daily schedules.
5 Best Job Scheduling Software for 2021
1 – Jobber
Jobber is one of the best job scheduling software solutions that provide an instant solution to the field service business in terms of scheduling, tracking, and maintaining the products.
For any field service business, Jobber, using BI tools, plays a significant role in organizing business operations, improving customer experience, and enhancing business growth.
Using Jobber, team managers in a field service business can easily create a job and assign it to a concerned team member to complete a task. Jobber provides interactive scheduling services that make it easy to book jobs, tasks, and calendar events.
Jobber is an ideal choice for field service business managers who help them keep track of and manage complex management details.
- Supports GPS tracking
- Invoicing and payments
- Share notes and attachments
- Drag-and-drop calendar
- Provides automation solutions
- Time and expense tracking
- QuickBooks sync
- Mobile app available
- Lacking report functionality
- Navigation issues
- Free version with no credit card required.
- Core: Perform business operations ranging from quoting to scheduling to invoicing.
- Connect: Creates an interactive process to connect your team and customers.
- Grow: Includes robust sales and marketing automation tools.
2 – FieldEZ
FieldEZ is an enterprise job scheduling software that helps field service businesses manage their daily operations related to work schedules and dispatch in real-time.
FieldEZ provides solutions for various applications like equipment installation, testing, repair, maintenance, asset tracking, and even detailed surveys.
With the help of FieldEZ, many industries are taking advantage of such scheduling software. Some of them are:
- Home health care
- Medical equipment
- Delivery & Logistics
- And many more
FieldEZ supports native integration with QB, Salesforce, Zoho, and many more to enhance operational efficiency and get rid of job failures. So, the field service technicians can easily chat, mark their attendance, and collaborate with senior members to report them.
FieldEZ is an ideal choice for a business having more interest in secure and reliable mobile field service management solutions. The customers can even use an app to view the complete report generated by a service team.
- Flexible and highly customizable solution
- Effective job management
- Native mobile apps with offline support
- Map-based automatic scheduling
- Expense and asset management
- Automatic reminders
- Real-time automated scheduling
- Easy to use
- Convenient attendance and tracking options
- Major issues with data loss
- Issues in backup servers
- Customers need to pay a minimum amount for 5 users, even if your users are less than 5.
- For customers above 5, will be charged accordingly.
3 – Housecall Pro
Housecall Pro is a top-rated job scheduling software that helps field service businesses to manage and optimize the daily workflow.
Housecall Pro provides a practical and cross-platform solution to the business involved in HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpet cleaning, and other home services. The business owners can easily create jobs or update existing jobs so that team members can view the assigned tasks.
With this scheduling software’s help, business owners can easily schedule jobs, communicate with clients, book jobs online, and even send payment and invoice-related information directly to customers or clients.
The software allows the field workers to use a user-friendly calendar that supports drag-and-drop scheduling features. It becomes easy for the team to share job information and other job schedule-related tasks using a centralized platform.
- Schedule and dispatch jobs
- Job management
- Ease in the invoice generation
- Support IT automation
- Supports third-party application integrations
- Follow-up marketing
- Manage batch processes
- Live map GPS
- Share online reviews
- Lacking integration support
- Lacks marketing campaigns
- START PLAN: Only 1 user is allowed to perform scheduling, invoicing, estimates, customer financing, Google calendar integration, email support, and many more.
- GROW PLAN: Maximum of up to 6 users can avail of the benefits of the Start plan along with online Booking, employee Time Tracking, unlimited Email Reminder, company In-App chat, QuickBooks Desktop & online integration.
- MANAGE PLAN: Maximum up to 10 Users can avail the benefits of Grow plan along with customizable reports, employee GPS Map Tracking.
4- Reveal Field
Reveal Field is a job scheduling software from Verizon Connect that helps businesses schedule, dispatch, and quickly communicate job information directly to the technicians.
With Reveal Field’s help, the business owners deal with various job schedules, capture the keynotes, share the customer signatures, and maintain other critical job details.
Reveal Field integrates with Verizon Connect Reveal to help the owners to manage the company vehicles, service technicians, and critical jobs all-in-one centralized app.
The technicians can view their mobile phones’ notifications about the schedule if they have not viewed the job information or even for delayed jobs.
- Supports interactive calendar
- ETA notifications
- Provides proof-of-delivery details
- Native integrations with third-party apps
- Improve team communication
- Supports ERP systems
- Minimize paper-work
- Easy to create a schedule
- Pre-built themes
- No invoicing features
- No Mac availability
We need to contact the sales department to know more about pricing.
5 – Synchroteam
Synchroteam is a job scheduling software that simplifies the critical business processes to handle multiple jobs and manages the schedule of the mobile workforce.
Synchroteam is a cloud-based field service scheduling solution that serves industries like cleaning services, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and even construction.
Using the drag-and-drop functionality, Synchroteam allows employees to include their schedules into the platform primarily based on location, education, and availability.
With the help of Synchroteam, the field service business can smoothly create a list of workflows that help field employees to handle the recurring tasks of customers by sitting anywhere in the world.
- Customer portal
- Inventory management
- Job management
- Customization available
- Drag-and-drop scheduling options
- Mobile app for iOS and Android
- Awesome support staff
- Better API functionality
- Clunky UI
- High cost
- One Free administrator account
- Integrates with:
- – Google Calendar, iCal, and Outlook
- – Quickbooks Online, Sage, and Xero
- – ZohoCRM
- Free setup & training
- A 14-day free trial is available. No credit card required.
These are the best scheduling tools that help field service companies deal with a work schedule and perform job management with ease. After getting information on such software, there are some questions that might be coming to mind. So, let’s highlight them in the next section.
Often, there exist multiple platforms to perform scheduling by considering factors like resources, automation, schedule, and dispatch of numerous jobs. Some of the examples are:
- Tidal Workload Automation
- Be ready with a list of activities or jobs to perform
- Make a sequence of such activities
- Note down the estimate of resources required to perform activities
- An estimate of days required to complete the task
- Monitor and control the activities
A field service company must select appropriate job scheduling software that typically enhances its growth and employee productivity. We recommend you opt for a free trial and grab the features to include in your business planning.
We have gone through a list of scheduling software that helps your customers or clients do useful service from anywhere in the world.